October 6 – 8, 2006
October 5th: Thursday Night ALL request dance party from 7 p.m. to Midnight
Invited Instructors & Choreographers include:
Yvonne Anderson (Scotland) * Peter Metelnick & Alison Biggs (England)
Rachael McEnaney (England) * Roy Verdonk (Netherlands)
And from the US & Canada:
Scott Blevins * Guyton Mundy * John Robinson * Jamie Marshall
Judy McDonald * Bryan
McWherter * Max Perry * Kathy Hunyadi
Junior Willis * Jo Kinser * Johanna Barnes * Gerard Murphy
Frank Cooper * Maurice Rowe * Doug & Jackie Miranda * Joey Warren
Larry & Tracey Harmon * Carole Daugherty * Christopher Petre
Your Event DJs: "Wildman" Louie St. George & Jill Babinec
Choreography Competition with Cash Prizes!!!
You will also have the opportunity to learn dances from up to 8 choreography competitors (first come, first serve!):
The choreography dances will be taught on Friday and Saturday in two simultaneous workshop rooms (split between afternoon and evening). The top two dances from each room will face off for a final demo on Saturday Night! The top 2 winners will receive a cash prize of $250 for first place and $100 for second place with the top winner receiving an opportunity to teach at next year’s event!
Instructor Choreography Competition
Which team of 3 instructors can create the best dance and split a pot of $600? Learn the dances and you can help decide!
PLUS A WINDY CITY EXCLUSIVE!
Max Perry's Special Workshop
Limited to only the first 50 people to sign up for this bonus Event Workshop so don't delay, sign up today! (Click on the link above for registration details)
· 5 Large Workshop Rooms (with 1 SUPERSIZED ballroom) on the main level & each over 4000 square feet!
· Each room will have a hardwood dance floor with over 1500 square feet of dance space! (3000 square feet in the main ballroom!!)
· The evening Line Dance Ballroom will be over 8000 square feet!
Weekend Package Includes:
· Price of 3-day Workshop & Evening Dance Pass – only $85 before 9/01/06
· Your 3-Day Pass includes admission to all workshops – no additional paid classes and free dance show!!
· Early Bird Special!! The VIP Dinner will be limited to the first 300 received!! All VIP dinner pass holders will be given priority seating to the free dance show and those registering before 4/30/06 with VIP passes will receive free T-Shirts and Step Description books.
5440 N. River Rd. - Rosemont, Illinois 60018
Online Booking will be available via the link at http://countryedge.com after Dec 1st.
Free Round Trip Shuttle from O’Hare Airport
Event Hosts: Glen Pospieszny,
* * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
o Competitors will have 30 minutes to teach their dance to the other dancers and selected judges / instructors! Competition slots limited to the first 12 received - first come, first serve!! Choreography competition rules.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Workshops begin at 9:00am Friday conclude at 4:00pm Sunday
Click here for an Abode
(PDF) Document Version
of the flyer
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO PAY ONLINE & REGISTER BY CREDIT CARD!!
Additional Event Information
Note: This is a line dance only workshop / competition event.
* Crowne Plaza - 5440 North River Road - Rosemont, Illinois
* Event Rate - $105.00 + tax. Ask for “Line Dance Mania ” Block or to book online click here
* For Reservations: Call the hotel directly - 847- 671-6350
* Smoking or Non-smoking rooms and suites upon availability (you must book as non-smoking and you may request smoking when you check in.)
* For those that are flying into Chicago’s O’Hare airport, there is a FREE shuttle available every 15 minutes for your convenience.
* If you are flying in from Midway airport, shuttles are available from Omega shuttle. The approximate cost is $16 per person each way.
Thursday Evening Pre-party:
* For those that arrive early, we will be hosting a pre-party from 7:00pm - 12:00am at the hotel
* The will be snacks and lots of open dancing for those that
* For more information contact Mark Cosenza
* THURSDAY doors open at 5:00 pm. Pick up your registration packet upon arrival. Thursday activities begin at 7:00pm.
* FRIDAY doors open at 8:00am. Pick up your registration packet upon arrival. Friday activities begin at 9:00am.
* SATURDAY doors open at 8:00am. For those attending for the day, are pre-registered, pick up your registration package upon arrival. Others that are registering for the day, please get arrive early to make sure you are registered and ready to attend the first workshop starting at 9:00am.
* SUNDAY doors again will open at 8:00am with activities starting at 9:00am. Event ends at 4:00pm.
* Both Friday & Saturday evening we will take a break for dinner
* The Holiday Inn has several restaurants to choose from for your dining, snacking, lunch, late evening desire.
* Saturday evening we are offering a buffet, exclusive to our group, served at 6:30, in our main event ballroom. We will also have a cash bar available in the room for those that would like to start the evening festivities with a cocktail before dinner.
* 80 + workshops scheduled for the weekend!
* Several workshop rooms to choose from! Remember we do not charge extra for any workshops. Your event pass pays for all workshops offered by the pass you purchased for the weekend / day.
* Lots of open dance, socializing and MORE!
* KEEP IN MIND the schedule posted will be a TENTATIVE SCHEDULE - THERE WILL BE CHANGES.
NOTE: We will do our best to post level and / or line dance taught during each 1 hour session. This is not always possible as instructors do not always supply CountryEdge with this information.
* We have invited top instructors from all over the world for the event.
* From beginner to advanced, we have workshops for you - including a dedicated ballroom for beginners!
* We are offering 3 workshops per hour, each room has hardwood dance floor.
* FRIDAY: Choreography Competition 3:30pm - 5:30pm
* SATURDAY: Choreography Competition 3:30pm - 5:30pm
(Times subject to change, please review event schedule.)
* The train from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport or from Rosemont Station will take you to downtown Chicago where you can access:
- The Museum of Science & Industry, Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium
- Water Tower Place (beautiful Shopping Area with upscale stores)
- Navy Pier (along Chicago’s Lakefront)
- John Hancock, Sears Tower and hundreds of other world famous tourist attractions
* Illinois number one attraction, Woodfield Mall, is only 20 minutes away up I-90
Credit Card: * We accept Visa & Master Card via Paypal Only!
Event Video: * We will be offering Event Videos to all interested parties
* ALL Video Camera users register can pre-pay their video camera(s) with registration or at the time of arrival.
* “Weekend Video Camera Pass” - $10.00 Note: VIP Passes include the use of Video Cameras